Thursday, February 6, 2014

DIY Chalkboard Mirror

I have been wanting a cute chalkboard for a while to put in my Laundry room so I decided that I would make my own!  I found a cute mirror at value village for $12.99, and bought some chalk board paint at Walmart on sale for $5 dollars I believe it was on clearance.  I actually did not notice that it was clear, so I brought it to home depot and they added the black color for free and mixed it.  I also bought a small can of white paint it may have been $7 dollars.  One thing I did not do in this process which I highly recommend it isn't a must but you probably will have an easier time is to sand the mirror and prime it first.  I didn't because I figured out after I painted through trial and error that I should have.  I had a few areas where I had to go over it again because it was not sticking fully to the mirror.  At any rate it turned out well and was a fun project! Here are the pics of my before and afters!  Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment