Sunday, September 15, 2013

Relationships..Friends are the Best!

Its good to have friends, and even at that ones who really celebrate who you are! I come from a very broken past but am a living testimony of the goodness of God. For those who really know me they have seen the good,bad and ugly. I would like to Glorify Jesus because when I really opened up my heart and decided to walk with him fully, which was 10 years ago, he begin to restore my life. I was so broken and every sin I am sure I committed, I probably created some new ones lol. One area though that I believe the Lord longs to flourish us in are relationships. He is all about relationships the most important one being him:)...As my relationship has developed with the Lord I can look at who I was in the past and see why I could not have relationship,and simply put lets just get it out there!! It was ALL ABOUT ME! Are you surprised? I was living in a Narcissistic lifestyle, me me me.. Whatever makes me happy, dressing the outer while the inner was broken and dying. Really deep down inside I just wanted to be excepted. I longed for the relationships that people gained as a child and grew up to have in life. Every relationship I had would end and never last, I would always leave broken. Until I decided to serve God and do it his way. Pride the number one killer of all things which had such a grip on my life it kept me from really putting my eyes on others and really celebrating who they were, instead I was celebrating me, and in this cycle it allowed the enemy of my soul to whisper in my ear a voice that would always compare me to others, the voice that would try to perform, compete or just want to be heard. So I say this its been the most beautiful process of my life to let go and allow God to heal my heart from all the lies that crept in as a child, the broke ness of not having two parents in my life and the process of trying to do everything alone. In this place I had to lay down myself bare before the Lord to heal every area that hindered me from not being able to have healthy relationships, because lets face it I was not spiritually healthy. I have a point here I do, I can say what I have learned from going through this process. James 4:6 says 6 But He gives more grace. Therefore He says: “God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble. When you are humble about who you are and in repentance God can give you the power aka Grace to overcome all things. So maybe Im talking to you today not sure what you have struggled with, but I do know one thing its not everyone else's fault sometimes its just you. We are called to examine ourselves to be honest and repent,this should be a daily thing. Are you longing for greater relationships? Start spending more time with God in that place of intimacy with him you will learn how to love others the right way. Lastly a scripture I love that I have been working on a lot Philippians 2:3 New King James Version (NKJV) 3 Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. That verse is powerful and has literally transformed me and helped me to come into who I am. It is important to celebrate others and get our eyes off ourself. But to esteem others that word esteem means "Respect and admire". Admire simply means to approve. Which to Approve means to give ones blessing too!! And there you have it we are called to bless and not curse!!! By blessing others and encouraging them and celebrating them this to will return in your favor, and so the cycle will repeat! The main reason for all of this is that I know we all want to be celebrated and we should we are all beautiful and made in the image of God! I believe it is important to always encourage your friends and to let them know how great they are, this indeed is biblical right, as well as it helps the other person know that they are accepted and there is no competition but we are doing life together and adding to one another. We were all made to SHINE>>... Here is a picture of two of my greatest friends that I love so much, they are two people who have celebrated me, even in my ugly parts of life. I thank Jesus for them. They are also two people I have missed dearly and the Lord has allowed me to see both of them this last week, they are what inspired this blog!!

  This is Relissa Hall.. She is nothing Short of Amazing, her spirit is alive and causes me to want to simplify my life and enjoy the beauty of all it has to offer! She is a passionate lover of Jesus! She also is a creator and is an esthetician who gave me a wonderful facial!!  We had a great time going to a restaurant called the Whale Wins!! Which my other Best Friend Annetta Bosakova introduced to me!!!
You can visit here amazing tumblir all about beautifying your skin at http://skinsationalscience.tumblr.com 

   



Let me Introduce you to Annetta Bosakova, She also is a passionate lover of Jesus, who has been a friend through thick and thin, and a great example of a woman of God who stays consistent.  She also is so amazing, beautiful, loved, and a creator who touches many life's as well. Did I mention she has seen this process of change in me? I almost forgot she takes the most amazing pictures ever and has blessed me so much in my life!!
You can visit her amazing blog at http://www.inspiredbyannetta.com





2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing--SO much truth wrapped up in this one post! I'm excited to meet you at Influence next week, roomie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caroline! I am super excited to meet you and to be roomies and to get to know you!! I like to share lots of stuff hahha but yes this was such a testimony of what God has done in my life. Also its not like I planned the post it just poured out! Can't wait to meet you!

    ReplyDelete