Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Freedom of a Child

Today I created a little drawing with the phrase Freedom Like a child.  Then It had me pondering this verse with Jesus from Mark 10:15 "Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it."  What does it mean to be free?  To receive like a child?  As I watched my daughter play today I was reminded that she could just go down the slide over and over again, she had not a care in the world.  We were in a confined play area, not to big but she knew that I was there.  This reflection reminds me of the Lord and how he loves us.  My daughter knows I am her provider, she knows I will not leave her and that if she needs anything I am her source.  This is how I believe the Lord looks at us, he wants us to be his children, to know him and to be secure in his ability to take care of us.  I believe freedom looks like complete assurance that we know who takes care of us, so we can be free and laugh, play and just live.  I also know as you get older there is more responsibility and sometimes you can have the weight of your world on your shoulders.  This is a perfect opportunity to remember who we serve and take some time to reflect on really what it means to be childlike.  To observe and just be in the moment without a care in the world, knowing that your father in heaven who loves you has a plan for you, to give you a hope and future that is beyond amazing.  Is he truly your source? What does it look like to receive the Kingdom of God?



Be blessed, xoxo Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment